This morning, there were a few huge summer squash in our garden. They were perfect soup squash, and I had enough to make a double-batch! I found an old cookbook with lots of squash recipes, and modified it to my new AIP Paleo dietary restrictions. The recipe below is for a single batch of soup.
Curried Summer Squash Soup
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tsp of AIP-friendly curry spice mix
- 4 cups of veggie stock or chicken bone broth (homemade or nightshade free)
- 4 cups of summer squash (about 1.5 lbs)
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter (aka coconut cream concentrate or coconut cream)
- Himalayan salt to taste
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and saute for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Stir in the curry spice mix and cook for one minute more.
- Stir in the broth, add the squash and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 10 more minutes, until squash is soft.
- Puree using either an immersion blender or in batches in a traditional blender.
- Add salt to taste and enjoy!