- 6 cups broth (veggie stock or chicken bone broth)
- ¼ medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 sliced baked sweet potato, skin removed
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 tsp AIP-friendly curry spice mix (click for spice recipe)
- 2 Tbsp coconut butter (aka creamed coconut or coconut cream concentrate, depending upon the brand)
- Himalayan salt to taste
1. Bring broth to a rolling simmer over medium high heat. Add onion, carrots and sweet potato and let simmer until carrots are extremely soft, about 35-40 minutes.
2. Add ginger and curry mix and let cook another 5 minutes
3. Blend soup with an immersion blender until smooth. You can also use a regular blender, being very careful not to explode the hot contents (I've done this before!) and pureeing in a few small batches.
4. Add coconut butter and salt and stir to combine