Serves 4-8| Hands-On Time: 15m | Total Time: 35m
3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 stalk celery, finely diced
15 oz canned salmon, drained (or 1 ½ cups cooked salmon)
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 ½ tsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp mayo
1 cup bread crumbs (or quick oats or gluten free bread crumbs)
½ tsp ground pepper
Creamy Dill Sauce (see recipe below)
1. Preheat oven to 450. Coat baking sheet w/ cooking spray.
2. Heat 1 ½ tsp oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion & celery; cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 mins. Stir in parsley; remove from heat.
3. Place salmon in medium bowl. Flake apart with fork. Add egg, & mustard; mix well. Add onion mixture, breadcrumbs and pepper; mix well. Shape into 8 patties.
4. Heat 1 ½ tsp oil in pan over medium heat. Add 4 patties and cook until underside is golden, 2-3 mins. Turn over patties onto prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining 4 patties
5. Bake cakes until golden on top and heated through, 15-20 mins. Meanwhile, prepare Creamy Dill Sauce:
Creamy Dill Sauce
¼ cup reduced fat mayo
¼ cup nonfat plain yogurt
2 scallions, thinly sliced
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh dill
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Combine all above ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.