I've had a photocopy of this recipe for years. I think it was from Cooking Light magazine, but I'm not entirely sure where it came from. It's a really simple but tasty recipe. Having the meatloaf already divided into pre-measured portions makes it easier to serve, and makes for a nice presentation. It's also easy to freeze any leftover meatloaf muffins.
Serves 8| Total Time: 40m
1 ½ lbs lean ground beef, turkey and/or pork
1 large egg, beaten
¼ cup quick-cooking oatmeal
2-4 tsp dried parsley
¼ cup ketchup, divided
3 Tbsp milk
1 small onion, chopped (3/4 cup)
¼ tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1. Preheat oven to 375. Coat muffin pan with cooking spray.
2. Mix meat, egg, oatmeal, parsley, 2 tbsp ketchup, milk, onion, salt & pepper in a large bowl.
3. Form the mixture into 8 balls & place in prepared muffin cups.
4. Combine 2 Tbsp of ketchup & Worcestershire sauce & spread ½ tsp over each mini meatloaf.
5. Bake the meatloaves until their internal temp reaches 160 degrees, about 25-30 minutes.